A major driver of governance systems is the regulatory, legal and ownership environment in which a family company operates.
Through our extensive experience, we understand the challenges and the opportunities your environment presents, particularly the importance of separating family matters from business matters.
|At Effective Governance we assist you to create a sustainable organisation for the next generation through value adding governance activities.
Value of Governance
- Delineation of the investment strategy, oversight of the business and the operation of the business through the establishment of a Advisory Board which may then over time become a formal Board
- The review of the CEO/MD can be a challenging process and discussion, reflecting upon expectations is a healthy and robust process that will improve the relationship of the board and the CEO/Managing Director.
- Provide an opportunity for the Board to reflect upon how it adds value to the organisation, some companies contribute up to 18% higher average returns to investors through the implementation of effective governance over the portfolios of poorly-governed companies after underlying risk is accounted.
‘Effective Governance’s support in establishing our Advisory Council has been outstanding over the last twelve months. This has been a great outcome for the growth of the B and W Group.’
Karemie Williams, Executive Director,
B and W Group
How eG adds value through services we deliver
- CEO review to ensure a robust performance review process exists which provides the whole board with the opportunity for input
- Governance preparation for IPO to return a higher level of value to the existing shareholders
- Leading practice governance policies and procedures review to ensure board processes are efficient and effective
- Risk facilitation to ensure the board has an agreed risk appetite statement supported by a robust risk framework
If a board already exists, then we can deliver the following:
- Board charter that clearly establishes the role of the board and the delineation between governance, management and family matters
- Board review to demonstrate the value the board adds to your organisation
- Committee review to determine the value the committee structure delivers to the governance systems
- Director remuneration review to ensure directors are remunerated fairly for the work undertaken and value delivered to your organisation