A major driver of governance systems is the regulatory, legal and ownership environment in which a government entity operates.
Through our extensive experience, we understand the challenges and the opportunities your environment presents, particularly with recent court decisions and increasing legal obligations.
|At Effective Governance we assist you to create a sustainable organisation that demonstrates accountability through value adding governance activities.
Value of Governance
- Improved performance to meet stakeholder expectations, including Ministers , clients and the Public
- Compliance with Commonwealth/State/Local Government legislation.
- The review of the CEO/Executive Director can be a challenging process and discussion, reflecting upon expectations is a healthy and robust process that will improve the relationship of the board and the CEO/Executive Director.
‘Effective Governance recently provided assistance to the Centre for Remote and Rural Health Queensland Board by providing an opinion on our CEO Review. We were extremely pleased that the assignment was conducted in a competent, timely and professional manner.’
Jim Petrich AM, Chairman, Centre for Rural and Remote
Mental Health Queensland
How eG adds value through services we deliver
- Board review to demonstrate the value the board adds to your organisation
- Committee review to determine the value the committee structure delivers to the governance systems
- Board skills review to assist with succession planning and director recruitment guidance to the shareholding Minister/s
- CEO review to ensure a robust performance review process exists which provides the whole board with the opportunity for input
- Risk facilitation to ensure the board has an agreed risk appetite statement supported by a robust risk framework