A major driver of governance systems is the regulatory and legal environment in which ASX listed and Public Companies operate.
Through our extensive experience, we understand the challenges and the opportunities your environment presents, particularly with recent court decisions and increasing legal obligations.
|At Effective Governance we assist you to create a sustainable organisation that ensures stakeholder confidence through value adding governance activities.
Value of Governance
- Provide an opportunity for the Board to reflect upon how it adds value to the company, some companies contribute up to 18% higher average returns to investors through the implementation of effective governance over the portfolios of poorly-governed companies after underlying risk is accounted
- Compliance with ASX Principle 2 – ‘The performance of the board should be reviewed regularly against appropriate measures’
- The review of the CEO/MD can be a challenging process and discussion, reflecting upon expectations is a healthy and robust process that will improve the relationship of the board and the CEO/Managing Director.
‘Effective Governance recently conducted a board review for Arrow Energy and we were extremely satisfied at all stages of the process and by the services that were delivered to us. The board gained enormously in its governance from the practical contributions suggested in our report’.
John Reynolds, Chair,
Arrow Energy Limited
How eG adds value through services we deliver
- Board review to demonstrate the value the board adds to your organisation
- Committee review to determine the value the committee structure delivers to the governance systems
- CEO review to ensure a robust performance review process exists which provides the whole board with the opportunity for input
- Risk facilitation to ensure the board has an agreed risk appetite statement supported by a robust risk framework