Professional development is a key element in optimising board and management performance and enhancing the effectiveness of individual directors, the board and the executives of the organisation. Effective Governance is a leading developer in tailored professional development for boards and management, we find that integrating multiple learning styles into our courses creates the best outcomes for participants. With our courses you can expect the following methods to be used in our materials:
- Discussion – A method in which the participants learn from one another, usually with guidance from the facilitator.
- Lecture – A direct talk with learning aids, with minimal group participation.
- Case study – A realistic situation is presented in a brief paper or presentation, then analysed by participants in groups.
- Role-playing – Participants act out the roles of those represented in a realistic scenario.
When designing our programs, we believe that consulting closely with our clients will ensure their boards and/or management teams to:
- Meet your timeframes
- Customise content to achieve your learning outcomes
- Regularly provide status updates and seek your feedback during development
Some organisations we have recently developed courses for are:
- Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD)
- Governance Institute of Australia (GIA)
- CPA Australia
- Independent Schools Queensland (ISQ)
- Family Business Australia (FBA)
If you are interested in discussing your professional development needs or would like Effective Governance to design a custom professional development program feel free to contact us or request a proposal.