A major driver of governance systems is the regulatory, legal and ownership environment in which a family company operates. Through our extensive experience, we understand the challenges and the opportunities your environment presents, particularly the importance of separating family matters from business matters.
At Effective Governance we assist you to create a sustainable organisation for the next generation through value adding governance activities.
Value of Governance
- Delineation of the investment strategy, oversight of the business and the operation of the business through the establishment of a Advisory Board which may then over time become a formal Board
- The review of the CEO/MD can be a challenging process and discussion, reflecting upon expectations is a healthy and robust process that will improve the relationship of the board and the CEO/Managing Director.
- Provide an opportunity for the Board to reflect upon how it adds value to the organisation, some companies contribute up to 18% higher average returns to investors through the implementation of effective governance over the portfolios of poorly-governed companies after underlying risk is accounted.
How eG adds value through services we deliver
- Establishment of an Advisory board to guide the family to increased wealth and sustainability
- CEO review to ensure a robust performance review process exists which provides the whole board with the opportunity for input
- Governance preparation for IPO to return a higher level of value to the existing shareholders
- Organisational governance review to ascertain how your existing governance system adds value to your organisation
- Leading practice governance policies and procedures reviewto ensure board processes are efficient and effective
- Strategy facilitation to establish and/or provide clarity on the strategic direction
- Risk facilitation to ensure the board has an agreed risk appetite statement supported by a robust risk framework
If a board already exists, then we can deliver the following:
- Board charter that clearly establishes the role of the board and the delineation between governance, management and family matters
- Board review to demonstrate the value the board adds to your organisation
- Board maturity assessment to provide benchmarking of governance systems across different organisations
- Committee review to determine the value the committee structure delivers to the governance systems
- Board skills review to assist with succession planning and director recruitment
- Director self-peer review to determine the contribution each director provides to the board
- Director remuneration review to ensure directors are remunerated fairly for the work undertaken and value delivered to your organisation
Contact us for more information on what we can do for your business.