A major driver of governance systems is the regulatory and legal environment in which an APRA regulated organisation operates.
Through our extensive experience, we understand the challenges and the opportunities your environment presents, particularly with increasing legal obligations.
At Effective Governance we assist you to create a sustainable organisation that delivers soundness and prudence through value adding governance activities.
Value of Governance
- Provide an opportunity for the board to reflect upon how it adds value to the organisation, some companies contribute up to 18% higher average returns to investors through the implementation of effective governance over the portfolios of poorly-governed companies after underlying risk is accounted.
- Compliance with APRA Standard CPS 510 and CPS 520.
- The review of the CEO/MD can be a challenging process and discussion, reflecting upon expectations is a healthy and robust process that will improve the relationship of the board and the CEO/MD.
How eG adds value through services we deliver
- Board review to demonstrate the value the board adds to your organisation.
- Board maturity assessment to provide benchmarking of governance systems across different organisations.
- Committee review to determine the value the committee structure delivers to the governance systems.
- Board skills review to assist with succession planning and director recruitment.
- Director self-peer review to determine the contribution each director provides to the board.
- Director remuneration review to ensure directors are remunerated fairly for the work undertaken and value delivered to your organisation.
- CEO review to ensure a robust performance review process exists which provides the whole board with the opportunity for input.
- Organisational governance review to ascertain how your existing governance system adds value to your organisation.
- Leading practice governance policies and procedures review to ensure board processes are efficient and effective.
- Strategy facilitation to establish and/or provide clarity on the strategic direction.
- Risk facilitation to ensure the board has an agreed risk appetite statement supported by a robust risk framework.
Contact us for more information on what we can do for your company.