A major driver of governance systems is the regulatory and legal environment in which a Charity and/or Non-Profit organisation operates. Through our extensive experience, we understand the challenges and the opportunities your environment presents, particularly with increasing regulatory obligations through the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profit Commission (ACNC).
At Effective Governance we assist you to create a sustainable organisation that balances mission/purpose and business imperatives through value adding governance activities.
Value of Governance
- Good Governance provides stakeholder confidence for ongoing funding for service delivery of Charities and Not-for-Profits.
- Compliance with Australian Charities and Not-for-Profit Commission Expectations.
- The review of the CEO can be a challenging process and discussion, reflecting upon expectations is a healthy and robust process that will improve the relationship of the board and the CEO.
- Board charter that clearly establishes the role of the board and the delineation between governance and management.
- Board review to assess the performance and effectiveness of the board.
- Board maturity assessment to define the maturity of board processes and policy.
- Committee review to determine the performance and effectiveness of the committee in assisting the board to perform its functions.
- Board skills assessment to determine the board's expectation of director skills to drive strategy and performance.
- Director self-peer review to determine the contribution each director provides to the board.
- Director remuneration review to ensure directors are remunerated fairly for the work undertaken and value delivered.
- CEO review to ensure a process exists to assess and review the performance of the CEO, which meets the board's expectations.
- Organisational governance review to ascertain how your existing governance system delivers performance.
- Leading practice governance policies and procedures review to ensure board processes are efficient and effective.
- Strategy facilitation to assist the board in its role of strategy implementation and overview.
- Risk facilitation to ensure the board has an agreed risk appetite statement supported by a robust risk framework.
Contact us for more information on what we can do for your organisation.