A major driver of governance systems is the regulatory, legal and ownership environment in which a government entity operates.
Through our extensive experience, we understand the challenges and the opportunities your environment presents, particularly with recent court decisions and increasing legal obligations.
At Effective Governance we assist you to create a sustainable organisation that demonstrates accountability through value adding governance activities.
Value of Governance
- Improved performance to meet stakeholder expectations, including Ministers, clients and the Public
- Compliance with Commonwealth/State/Local Government legislation.
- The review of the CEO/Executive Director can be a challenging process and discussion, reflecting upon expectations is a healthy and robust process that will improve the relationship of the board and the CEO/Executive Director.
How eG adds value through services we deliver
- Board review to demonstrate the value the board adds to your organisation
- Board maturity assessment to provide benchmarking of governance systems across different government entities
- Committee review to determine the value the committee structure delivers to the governance systems
- Board skills review to assist with succession planning and director recruitment guidance to the shareholding Minister/s
- Director self-peer review to determine the contribution each director provides to the board
- CEO review to ensure a robust performance review process exists which provides the whole board with the opportunity for input
- Organisational governance review to ascertain how your existing governance system adds value to your organisation
- Leading practice governance policies and procedures review to ensure board processes are efficient and effective
- Strategy facilitation to establish and/or provide clarity on the strategic direction
- Risk facilitation to ensure the board has an agreed risk appetite statement supported by a robust risk framework
Contact us for more information on what we can do for your organisation.