A major driver of governance systems is the regulatory, legal and ownership environment in which a government entity operates.
Through our extensive experience, we understand the challenges and the opportunities your environment presents, particularly with recent court decisions and increasing legal obligations.
At Effective Governance we assist you to create a sustainable organisation that demonstrates accountability through value adding governance activities.
What we can do for you
- Improved performance to meet stakeholder expectations, including Ministers, clients and the Public
- Compliance with Commonwealth/State/Local Government legislation.
- The review of the CEO/Executive Director can be a challenging process and discussion, reflecting upon expectations is a healthy and robust process that will improve the relationship of the board and the CEO/Executive Director.
- Board review to assess the performance and effectiveness of the board.
- Board maturity assessment to define the maturity of board processes and policy.
- Committee review to determine the performance and effectiveness of the committee in assisting the board to perform its functions.
- Board skills assessment to determine the board's expectation of director skills to drive strategy and performance.
- Director self and peer review to determine the contribution each director provides to the board.
- CEO review to ensure a process exists to assess and review the performance of the CEO, which meets the board's expectations.
- Organisational governance review to ascertain how your existing governance system delivers performance.
- Board governance policies and procedures to ensure leading practice policies and procedures are in place.
- Strategy facilitation to assist the board in its role of strategy implementation and overview.
- Risk governance to ensure the board has an agreed risk appetite statement supported by a board risk policy.
Contact us for more information on what we can do for your organisation.